14 May The Six Ways to Resolve a Conflict
Disputes, conflicts and hostilities are an inevitable aspect of organisational life.
How do you deal with conflict?
• You are anxious to avoid any situation where conflict might occur
• You cut yourself off
• They don’t know what you think (though they can guess)
• They don’t trust you
• You don’t trust yourself
• You lose face
• Experience a reduction in your sense of value
• Close down
• Feel resentful and can’t wait to get your own back
• They lose face
• They experience a reduction in their sense of value
• They close down
• They feel resentful and can’t wait to get their own back
You both lose
• You both get something
• You both think about what you could have got if you had planned or strategised better
• You both plan or strategise to grab back some of your lost ground.
5. Win Win
You both win
• You both feel good
• You both move on
• You hope the next conflict will be resolved as well
You create something extra-ordinary and full of possibility
• Wounds healed
• Perceptions shifted
• Conversations transformed from conflict to collaboration
• New possibilities opened up
• All concerned empowered
• Interdependence fostered, community enhanced.
Which would you go for?
Do you want to transform a conflict situation or a difficult conversation?
If so, please contact InterBe. We are ready to help.
Related articles recommended for you:
You should also read: